We’re delighted to announce the return of the biennial WTM OPEN in its original ‘physical’ format. The WTM Open21 offers all those within our community an exciting opportunity to exhibit within a distinguished gallery space.
Submitting work to this exhibition is open to anyone who lives or works in East or West Sussex, and amateur or professional artists of all ages are welcome to submit up to three pieces.
Art Curator Emma Walder says ‘The Open exhibitions we hold at the museum are much more than an exhibition. They’re a real community event and celebration of the creative nature in everyone, because they are open to everyone who lives or works in the whole of Sussex. This year we hope it will be as successful as previous years, so in response to demand and comments we have given two gallery spaces over to the show so we can select a larger number of works. It’s also a little earlier than usual with the opening event to take place on the 1st of October, (all being well). The deadline for details to be submitted is Friday 10th September so I’d like to encourage anyone who feels inspired to take part to do so. The final show is selected by three external judges and everyone who enters is invited to the opening event, which for me is the most enjoyable part of the exhibition. I’m really hoping to see our regular participants as well as some new entrants for this very special Open21.’
After submitting the WTM OPEN21 e-form and making your payment you’ll need to make a note of the following dates and events:
- Fri 10th Sept – Final day for online submission of WTM OPEN21 e-forms
- Tues 14th and Wed 15th Sept – Artwork to be delivered to museum between 10am and 4pm (ensure all work is clearly labelled with the same name/title details submitted on this e-form)
- Thurs 16th Sept – Selection Day
- Tues 21st Sept – Results of selection available at www.wtm.uk
- Thurs 23rd and Fri 24th Sept – Collection of unselected work between 10am and 4pm
- Fri 1st Oct – Launch event 6-8pm, all submitting artists invited plus one guest
- Sat 2nd Oct 2021 – Sun 30th Jan 2022 – Exhibition continues
- Thurs 3rd and Fri 4th Feb 2022 – Collection of exhibited/sold work between 10am-4pm